Louisville firm plans senior-living complex
Last Updated: 14:37 March 26, 2013
Balfour at Riverfront Park will be located at 15th and Little Raven streets, near Union Station and across from Commons Park.
“Colorado has a new generation of seniors who want to enjoy downtown Denver’s dynamic urban lifestyle,” said Michael Schonbrun, chief executive and founder of Balfour Senior Living. “Until now, seniors have had few options for upscale downtown living and few anywhere in the state will offer what Balfour at Riverfront Park will provide: an urban lifestyle in a parklike setting where residents have easy access to the city’s leading restaurants, cultural events, entertainment and sports venues.”
The project originally was designed by Robert Stern, an internationally acclaimed architect based in New York City, and later revised by klipp Architects of Denver, the architect of record.
The site is adjacent to the Moffat Train Depot, a landmark historic building that will be incorporated into the project. Upon renovation, the 1,200-square-foot depot will serve as the Great Room for the 275,000-square foot, five-story community.
The project will feature:
- 112 independent-living rental apartment homes, ranging in size from 600 square feet to 1,600 square feet, with one- and two-bedroom units available.
- 65 assisted-living apartment homes with specially designed dining and outdoor areas.
- A 27 memory-care apartment home community.
- Condo-style finishes in all the independent-living apartments with full kitchens, high-end appliances and bathroom fittings, large windows and walk-in closets, many with outdoor terraces, balconies and fireplaces.
- European-style central piazza with gardens.
- Three dining rooms, each with a unique dining experience. Also included will be a bistro/pub, rooftop bar and art studio and several private dining rooms.
Costs to live at Balfour at Riverfront Park have not yet been established.
More breaking news...
Dot Hill Systems to discuss 2Q earnings Aug. 7
Sam's Club paid $3.9 million for mall land
A conference call is
CSU professor to work on crop for biofuels
Sam's Club plans to build a 136,000-
A team led by McKay - an associate professor of