Zayo's two latest acquisitions total $130M
Last Updated: 16:27 July 8, 2014
Boulder-based Zayo last week filed paperwork with the SEC for an initial public offering.
The bandwidth infrastructure provider announced its purchase of Atlanta-based data center and managed services provider Colo Facilities Atlanta LLC on July 1. That deal closed the same day, according to the Form 8-K filed this week, for a price of $52.5 milion in cash.
In April, Zayo announced its purchase of Paris-based Neo Telecom Group, though no price was disclosed at the time. That deal also closed July 1, with a price of about $79.2 million. Zayo acquired 96 percent of Neo on July 1. As part of the deal, the remaining 4 percent will be acquired on or after Dec. 31, 2015.
The Colo Facilities deal added 72,000 square feet of data center space to Zayo's portfolio, while the Neo Telecom deal greatly expanded Zayo's footprint in Europe, adding 300 route miles of dark fiber in Paris and 500 on-net buildings.
Zayo stated last week in its IPO paperwork that the company intends to raise up to $100 million, though the date, number of shares and offering price have not yet been specified.
More breaking news...
Colorado groups gear up for pesticide debate
Longmont, Fort Collins, Boulder to host National Electric Drive Week
The state Department of Regulatory Agencies is
Nominees sought for Lafayette's green business awards
The events give community members a chance to learn about the benefits of electric vehicles and even test
The program, set up by the city’s Energy Sustainability